Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dad's Day

We started off the day with cinnamon rolls, fruit, and coffee followed by opening gifts.  Evan did most of the opening but Mike was happy with his gifts.  However, I think his favorites are the handmade ones especially all the "little hands" projects (see pictures below).  I have to agree these are pretty cute crafts but I cannot take any credit for these.  The kids did all of these at school and there are even a few that are not pictured here!  Evan and Emma must have been putting in overtime on these!  We celebrated the rest of father's day by spending time running around in the backyard. We topped off the night with a late dinner...though it could have been a lot better if we didn't run out of propane mid-way into cooking the steaks!  Why does that always seem to happen right when you are making a big dinner?  So we had to settle for a half-grilled half-broiled NY strip steak but I think I can speak for Mike and say he had a great father's day.

Happy Father's Day to all of the dads out there especially "Golf cart Grandpa" and "Tractor Grandpa."





TOP 10 REASONS WHY I LOVE MY DAD
(Fill in the blank by Evan)
10. I love my Dad because he reads me Spiderman.
9. I love my Dad because he helps me clean up my toys.
8. I love my Dad when he makes me laugh by making noises with his mouth.
7. I love my Dad because he taught me how to build houses.
6. I love to hear my Dad sign Old MacDonald!
5. I love my Dad because he finds time to play with my monster trucks and heroes in the basement.
4. I know my Dad cares because he loves me so much! And he missed me too!
3. I know my Dad is smart because he can figure out what my friends names are.
2. I love my Dad because he works so hard at fixing my toys!
1. I love my Dad because he's the BEST DAD EVER!

No comments: