Sunday, April 21, 2013

Flip House - First Full Week

This past week we had meetings with the plumber and electrician and finalized our contractor selection.  We were also busy with making the remaining purchases.  The big ones we got out of the way was ordering windows and appliances.  We also purchased paint, tile, plumbing fixtures, light fixtures, and other materials.

Completed Tasks:
  • Ran the ShopVac throughout the house
  • Pulled up and moved the carpet and padding out into the garage
  • Removed old utility appliances like the water softener out of the basement
  • Removed wallpaper in master bedroom
  • Started sanding some of the existing window trim that we are keeping
Lessons Learned:
  • Pulling up old carpet was quite possibly the most disgusting thing I have ever done. However, it was addicting.  Once I started pulling it up I couldn't stop and ended up removing the carpet and pad in the entire basement on Wednesday night.
The contractors will be starting right away on Monday beginning with the plumber.  We are excited to start seeing things get put back together now that all of the demo is complete!

No comments: